SeaVision Playback gives the users the ability to view animated playback of historical vessel positions over a period of time between one hour and 30 days. Users are given the ability to scroll through selected time periods to view and analyze vessel data of the selected geographic area. SeaVision Playback can be used in conjunction with vessel filters, quick filters and extended map filters.
Playback is located in the left menu under Map Tools. Click the edit pencil next to “Time Machine” to open the time machine tool. The Time Machine menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select the Playback tab.
Note: Upon activation, a vintage map base layer is selected by default. Users can select other base layers via the drop down menus located in the upper right hand of the viewable area.
- Navigate the map view to the area of interest
- Activate Playback via the Map tools menu on the left
- Use the date & time selection menus to limit/select the time frame of interest
- SeaVision will automatically retrieve historical data for the view area based on the date & time constraints provided
- When the historical data is available, the Playback control buttons at the bottom of the Playback menu are activated
- Users can begin, stop, and reset the playback via the control buttons located at the bottom center of the Playback menu
Note: each time the map view is adjusted (zoom level or view area is changes) the user will need to select “Fetch Playback Data for this Area”
7. Users can view vessel history trails by toggling the “Show history trails option” located to the left of the playback controls
- Users can hover over vessels of interest for additional information while Playback is paused or stopped.
9. Users can refine the date and time constrains by dragging and dropping the blue scrubber bars located on each side of the playback timeline
- Users can scroll through the selected time periods by dragging the red status bar across the playback timeline