SeaVision version 4.3.0, released on July 21, 2021
Upload Vessel Images
- A new Images tab has been added to the Vessel Details Card where users can upload photos of vessels
- Images are initially uploaded to the User level, and can be shared up to the Persona or Community level
- Click on the vessel image in the Vessel Data Card to jump straight to the new Images tab
Non-AIS data for Time Machine and Playback
- Non-AIS (Coastal RADAR, VIIRS, SAT-SAR, etc) data is now included in Time Machine and Playback
- Bugfix on certain filters preventing vessels from appearing on the map
SeaVision version 4.2.1, released on May 3, 2021
- Historical searches no longer use the "OR" grouping but instead allow for an additional Port history constraint.
- The date picker in the conditions builder has been updated to use new date ranges.
- The request ID is now included in all apiServer logs for easier production log error investigations.
- Fixed a bug causing Organization and Agency values to show up as objects in new account request emails.
- Fixed a bug ensuring the latest ship registry updates are available.
SeaVision version 4.2, released on April 14, 2021
New Search Capabilities
- Ability to perform Search on historical data over 60 day windows
- Ability to perform Search on vessels transiting between two ports
- Ability to perform Search on various anomalous vessels
Upload Vessel Images
- User can now upload images for vessels
Standardized Organization and Agencies
- User can now select their organizations and agencies from a pre-defined list
- Organizations and agencies not in the pre-defined list can still be created and used by Community Managers as needed
- Users will receive an email notifying them that their account has been disabled when they attempt to perform a password reset on a disabled account
- Bugfix on handling extra long email addresses
- Bugfix on ship registry filters not showing up for some users
SeaVision version 4.1, released on January 8, 2021
- Track History Users can now view entire history trail for vessels. There currently is 2+ years of track history data available, and this will continue to grow over time.
- Nautical Charts Static Layer “US Nautical Charts” displays navigational charts around the US coastlines.
- Static Field Changes “History of Changes” static layer highlights vessels that have reported changes to AIS static fields. The data is also available on the vessel details card. In Search, a new operator has been added to allow searching on previous vessel names.
- User Feedback Report a bug, suggest a feature, and ask a question tabs have been added to the SeaVision map to enable users to quickly provide feedback direct to the SeaVision team.
- Adjustable Playback Rate is now available in Time Machine Playback.
- Vessel Outlines are now clickable to open the vessel data card when zoomed in to the vessel outline.
SeaVision version 4.0, released on September 29, 2020
- Multilingual User Interface Users can select their preferred language from the user menu for better access for foreign partners. Available languages include English, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese.
- New Account Requests now delivered to the SeaVision Inbox in addition to emailed to Community Managers.
- Account Creation date and modified date now displayed on User Accounts.
- Temporary Accounts to designate an expiration date so an account automatically expires.
- Time Machine Playback. GPS coordinates at the bottom of the map now display based on cursor position.
- Vessel Details. Polished to remove table headers when no EEZ History or Port History is available.
SeaVision version 3.6, released on July 15, 2020
- Port Details can now be displayed on the map on a per country basis to include Port Details, Authorities, Operators, Addresses, and Ships inspected.
- MSSIS Contributions. Based on users’ Nationality a user can view if their country has been contributing to the MSSIS network.
- Alert on RADAR. Alerts can be defined to trigger based on RADAR data contacts within a designated region of interest.
- Search. Search expanded to allow querying over multiple user defined shapes and with null and blank values.
- Persona Managers. Community Managers can delegate responsibilities to a Persona Manager to include approving accounts, creating simulated tracks, and resetting user passwords.
SeaVision version 3.5, released on May 13, 2020
SeaVision version 3.4, released on January 9, 2020
- Anomalous and Invalid Data provides users with the ability to view vessels that are reporting Anomalous or Invalid data, IMOs and MMSIs. Vessels identified as anomalous have reported a non-geofeasible change in position as well as recent name changes.
SeaVision version 3.3, released on October 4th
- SeaVision Mobile Access. Enhancements for mobile and tablet access to SeaVision improving the responsiveness, layout, and styling on smaller screen sizes. Users can also install SeaVision as an app on iOS, iPadOS, and Android devices.
- Chat Translation. Individual chat messages can be translated to any target language offered by Google Translate.
- Map Filters. Expanded set of map filters now available for AIS data, including: anchor/underway, in port, flag, draft present load, cargo type, navigation status, speed, destination, ETA, last port of call, and days since last port of call.
- Community/Persona Email Lists. Button added to Communities page to enable Community Managers to easily copy a list of email addresses of all accounts in a Community or Persona.
- Fixed bug causing Export Vessels to contain no results
- Fixed bug causing exported KML marker icons to be broken
SeaVision version 3.2, released on June 27th
- Time Machine Playback includes animated playback to show historical vessel movements up to 1 year ago. Supported time window: minimum of 1 hour, maximum of 30 days
- Time Machine Snapshot mode generates a snapshot of all vessels for a time window from historical data to improve performance. Allows for quicker search and display vessels from the snapshot using map filters and functions while in Time Machine mode.
- Vessel Analytics and Summary widget provides real-time statistics and top 10 lists for the vessels currently displayed on the map
- Data correlation implemented for additional data sources, ex. VIIRS
- Distance Tool snap-to-vessel functionality, where the distance tool anchor dynamically 'snaps' on to the vessel nearest to the mouse cursor
- Improved mobile for reduced resolution experience on the map, dashboard, and administration pages
- Improved map vessels and history trails renderer, with the ability to toggle vessel related static layers (vessel name, Alerts, Rules, CVL, Warnings) on and off without triggering a map data refresh
- Options menu for expired Rules and Alerts now correctly displays ‘Renew’ and ‘Enable’
- Additional validation to catch fetching bad shapes data that resulted in error toast messages
- Cleaned up empty Warnings Safety and Security labels
- Fixed issues with certain data sources vessel markers and baseball cards